23 janvier 2007

Kaboom


Kaboom, originally uploaded by Remco Douma.

Kaboom
'Kaboom' on black is much nicer of course.

For a long while I have been wanting to make a shot of lightning, but never managed to do so (the lightning was too far off, I was busy doing other things, didn't have my camera on me or did have my camera but no tripod etc.).

This evening I heard the thunder while I was at home and decided to drive to the beach, where I spent almost an hour under the luggage lid of my car to stay dry, wondering if I would feel something if I would be hit by it or how big the zone of destruction would be if the tower in front of me would be hit for example. I also found myself trying to recall the statistics about how many people get killed by lightning every year. You know, happy thoughts. Therapeutical thoughts. Even so, I managed to make some nice shots, although this one was the most spectacular IMO.

Click here to see where this photo was taken or fly to this location.
(Requires Google Earth).

Uploaded by Remco Douma on 5 Oct '06, 5.19am CEST.

0 commentaires: